Table of Contents
Top 10 Best Website Builders of 2023 (Reviewed After Using All)
Reviewed 10 Best Website Builders
Best website builders create professional-looking websites that help to promote your services and sell your products online, even when you have zero knowledge of coding and designing.
Basically, website builders provide a variety of templates for diverse brand objectives and help build a successful online presence for your business.
But here's the drill-
With over 100 website builders in the market, you need to decide on the best one to work with.
We've killed the pain for you and brought you the best website builder reviews of 2022- comparing ease of use, features, pricing, customization depth, and others - so you can easily choose the platform that suits your intended website.
How To Choose The Right Website Builder
To choose the best website builder that matches your objective here's a questionnaire you would like to start with-
1. What will your website be used for?
Decide what you want to use your website for, and have an idea of the outlook you’ll love to create. This will help you choose a builder that fulfills that idea and provides features you'd want to accommodate.
Website builders provide well-designed themes or templates that cater to a wide range of industries and website designs: blogs, e-commerce, portfolios, events, business websites, and other professional services.
2. Are there any special features you'd want to illustrate on your site?
Note all the distinctive features that your website requires.
A blog page, An online store-
Will your eCommerce website builder include videos or a photo gallery?
Make sure your site builder supports the variability of content formats you plan to include.
3. What is your budget?
When you've just started out, you need to find a common ground between quality and pricing for website builders.
Most website builders are affordable but some go extravagant in linear with exclusive services they can offer.
Make sure to not cut the cost on other essential aspects of your business to invest in a platform that builds gradually over time.
It's best to segregate your budget and compare the services you are getting as opposed to the cash you are booting.
4. Does it provide basic functionalities/features?
The best website builder should have features that will enable you to create and manage your website smoothly.
These include design flexibility, themes/templates, mobile site optimization, support, blogging, e-commerce, newsletter creator, membership creator, mobile app, web hosting, social media buttons, and more.
5. Is there access to good customer support and resources?
The best website builder for you will be one that you can navigate your way through.
But you may once in a face difficulties navigating your way through.
This, before you settle for a builder, ensure the availability of resources , tutorials and articles on how to use different features on the platform - as well as adequate customer support.
Overview Of Our Review Process
We reviewed all the popular and reliable website builders in the market today and singled out the top ten based on these six (6) qualities that mark a good site builder:
Ease of use: An amazing website builder must have easy drag-and-drop, add-and-minus features that makes creating a website hassle-free.
These features come as templates or themes that anyone can select, edit, and use.
Features: A feature can describe anything a most popular website builder can do.
For example, if you can publish content that displays chronologically on the page, for people to read and comment, that platform has a blogging feature; if you can create an online store as part of your website, it has an e-commerce feature.
All website builders vary in their comprehensive features, but some are must-haves.
Customization Options: Website design templates are good.
However, you can transform any template into something unique that would represent your business.
You must choose the best webpage creator that provides a pool of customization options because it is one of the best places to create website.
Responsive Options: These days, most people browse the internet via their mobile devices.
To ensure a mobile-friendly website, build your site with a website builder that is responsive; it should be flexible enough to meet general user preferences.
Favorable pricing: Pick a website builder priced around your budget for a website.
You can move to higher plans as your business grows.
Website builders that offer free trial versions or time-limited trials will enable you to test some builder’s features and capabilities and know which website builder gives you the features you need at the best prices.
Customer support: Not many website builders provide adequate customer support.
Avoid builders that do not offer technical assistance.
Check the support functionality of your preferred website builder to know if they respond.
What are the best website builders ?
After tons of research and experimentation, these 10 website tools upheld an excellent standard on the above-described selection tips. Simply answer those questions listed in the “how to choose” section above and then pick one or more from this list and you can build the website of your dreams!
1. Wix - Best choice for small business owners
Wix is a website builder that gives you the freedom to create, design, manage and develop your web presence exactly the way you want.
If you’re creating a website for the first time, Wix is a great option to consider: great features, easy to use and customized to meet your website needs.
Their Artificial Intelligence (AI) helps you create a website after answering just a few questions about your goals/needs for the website.
Wix makes your website building experience seamless and exciting.
- Wix has a tool called Artificial Design Intelligence (ADI) – the first artificial intelligence website builder. This ADI gets insights about your site and uses that information to create a site matching your specific needs.
- With over 500 templates and themes on this website builder, Wix Advanced Design Features allow you to change your website’s look and feel – from the color scheme to the font style, images, videos, and logo, you can customize your website to match your brand perfectly.
- The App Market provides access to hundreds of apps to improve the functionality of your website.
- Advanced SEO Tools of this website builder help you make sure people find your website with the help of search engine optimization.
- Wix also delivers bullet-proofed security and reliability.
- A powerful e-Commerce website builder to start and grow your online business.
- Built-in blogging features to educate, engage, grow your reach and build a community.
- Design your own professional logo and build your brand online.
- Get a professional domain name that speaks to your business and brand.
- Get more eyes on your website from search engines with their full range of SEO features.
- Free plan: – $0
- Combo plan: – $16/month
- Unlimited plan: – $22/month
- Pro plan: – $27/month
- VIP plan: – $45/month
- Business Basic (ecommerce): – $27/month
- Business Unlimited (ecommerce): – $32/month
- Business VIP (ecommerce): – $59/month
- Enterprise: – $500/month
Ease of use: Wix is the most user-friendly website tool on the market. You can almost endlessly customize the look and feel of your site with no coding knowledge.
Suitable for: Whether you’re launching a blog, sampling your work/portfolio, promoting your business, creating your online store — you can do it all with the Wix website builder.
Depth of customization: Start from scratch or choose from over 500 designer-made templates that you can fully customize using the drag-and-drop website builder.
Reasons to Choose
If you’re looking for the right website builder for small business, Wix is your best choice. Wix offers a powerful combination of easy-to-use and robust features a website builder can have. It’s not the cheapest, but you’ll surely get a ton of value from your investment.
Their life support team responds, no matter the time of day (or night). The VIP plans have priority care.
Try Wix Now
2. Zyro - Cheap and best website builder
Zyro is a powerful and affordable website builder by the Hostinger team. They offer a drag-and-drop website builder tool with free web hosting, and at favorable prices.
This makes Zyro a great choice for those looking for a cheap website builder to start their website. This website builder has needed features to get your site ready and working - from templates to hosting, and other important features.
Their customer service gives all the help you need to get your website looking and functioning the way you want. With their wide range of templates and designs, you can create a stunning website even with no coding skill.
- Their drag-and-drop editor makes it easy to customize website without any coding required.
- Guaranteed uptime of 99.9%, so your site is always up and running. Deep reporting so you can see how your website is performing and make changes as needed.
- Universal payment solution takes minimal effort to accept payments from anywhere in the world and with any method your customers prefer.
- Hosting included; so you don’t have to pay anything more to have your website online Zyro includes simple and useful tools for creating contact forms, landing pages, and scheduling blog posts, etc.
- The AI Heatmap tool helps with site visitor behavior: you’ll see a heatmap of “hot” and “cold” areas on your site based on where users spend their time.
- All-in-one E-Commerce platform to build your shop and start selling online today.
- Make your online store available on your social networks - Facebook and Instagram
- Automotive website tools/apps that help with inventory, shipping, and even taxes.
- Zyro pricing starts at $2.61 per month for their Unleashed plan which comes with free domain and marketing and SEO tools integrations like Google Analytics, Facebook retargeting, visitor remarketing, etc..
- Their E-Commerce is priced at $8.01 per month but is limited to 100 products.
- The E-Commerce Plus plan costs $14.31, and you can display unlimited products.
Ease of use: With a no-code platform, Zyro makes it easy to get the website you want without any prior experience. Their drag-and-drop editor makes it easy to customize your site without any coding required.
Suitable for: It is an effective website builder that makes it easy for anyone to set up a professional website or virtual store at an average cost.
Depth of customization: Fully customizable website templates. Choose a template and edit anything – change colors, fonts, images, and more. No coding skills needed. However, It’s not easy to switch templates once you choose it. Also since Zyro is not open source, it lacks the third-party integrations and addons that WordPress offers.
Reasons to choose
With Zyro’s focus on building simple, easy-to-launch websites, it is a great fit for small businesses, freelancers, and individuals who need a valued online home.
A 24/7 available customer support, with a remarkable track record of meeting their customer needs.
Try Zyro Now
3. Shopify - Best for e-commerce stores
Shopify is an all-in-one website builder for: website, online store, payment processor, order fulfilment, marketing tools. If Shopify doesn’t have a built-in feature to do what you need, they have the most diverse app marketplace in ecommerce.
With 85 ecommerce website templates to start from, you can easily edit and customize different elements and tailor the template to your brand/business. Plus you have access to tons of apps and to make your online business seamless. Whether you’re techy or not, you can create your website and online store with this website builder and start selling.
- A variety of templates for you to add-and-minus images, texts, and other content to build your website.
- Responsive website builder so your products look great on a mobile phone.
- Shopify connects you to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Tiktok, and more, so you can drive more traffic to your website and make more sales.
- With just a few clicks, you can also start selling on Google, eBay, and Walmart Marketplace.
- Do you need to track your sales? This website builder has a clear dashboard to track every aspect of your online store.
- With Shopify, you can connect and engage your customers/visitors through email marketing and marketing automation tools that are built into the platform.
- It also provides secure payment options, or you can connect Shopify with other payment gateways.
- Shopify is an all-in-one fully hosted eCommerce software. All you basically need for your online store - inventory management, unlimited products, powerful stats, easy marketing solutions, managing software, installing updates, or keeping backups - this website builder can do that for you.
- It offers an integrated payment solution called Shopify Payments which lets you accept credit cards. You can also add third-party payment gateways to accept payments.
Shopify offers three pricing plans:
- Shopify Basic costs $29 per month, with 2.9% + 30¢ per online transaction.
- The main Shopify plan costs $79 per month, with 2.6% + 30¢ per transaction.
- Advanced Shopify costs $299 per month, with 2.4% + 30¢ per transaction.
The fully hosted Shopify Plus platform starts at $2,000 per month, and Shopify Lite costs $9 per month.
Ease of use: With its intuitive drag and drop interface, this website builder makes it super-easy to create a full-fledged online store with free themes.
Suitable for: Shopify is totally focused on e-commerce, so if you are looking to build a different type of website, Shopify is not your first option.
Depth of customization: As a website builder, Shopify is quite simple in terms of design. It is easy to build, edit, update pricing, swap out products, and so on.
However, you don’t get the depth of customization that comes with more free website builders. Something like Wix or Squarespace is better for people looking to make something distinctive with their site.
Reasons to choose
If building a very productive e-commerce store is your goal, Shopify is for you. It provides a business owner with the foundation for a successful eCommerce marketing strategy.
Shopify’s customer service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week throughout the whole year.
Try Shopify Now
4. Squarespace - To create professional websites
Squarespace has long been the top choice for creatives and business owners. The templates in this website builder are beautifully designed: The fonts, color schemes, and imagery all blend perfectly for any website. You drag elements like images, headings, and text onto the page and position it where you would like.
Besides design, this website builder is great for bloggers. They also offer multiple user permissions, Google AMP functionality, and in-built analytics tools that provide steady data on-site visitors if you’re not using Google Analytics.
- Squarespace comes with enterprise-grade and secure infrastructure for hosting your website.
- It includes tons of designs that can match various types of content. They are fully editable, and Squarespace even allows you to use multiple templates for the same website at once.
- Shopify website builder also has an ecommerce plan, with a nice interface to manage your products, inventory, orders, coupon discounts, and more.
- They’re also a great fit for creators and influencers across platforms like YouTube or TikTok; you can embed your videos along with more information or content in your website, and have people engage more with your brand.
- Customizable Templates you can simply edit without having to start from scratch.
- Content Types that provide room for different types of content, such as blogs, portfolios, and more.
- Simplified SEO to help people find your website; you can add in your keywords and set up page titles with ease.
- Engage with your customers via their email campaigns and social tools.
Squarespace has four plans (prices listed are based on annual renewals - you save 25% - 30% when you renew annually):
- Personal: $16 per month
- Business: $23 per month
- Basic commerce: $27 per month
- Advanced commerce: $49 per month
Ease of use: Adding content to your website is very easy on Squarespace. Just point anywhere on your website and start typing. You can easily drag and drop items on pages to create your own layouts in minutes.
Suitable for: If you’re a creator looking to build a great-looking website that displays stunning visuals of your art, photographs, graphic design, and more, then this website builder would be the place to go.
Depth of customization: Squarespace offers customization options and extra tools such as an ecommerce function, integrated email marketing, and podcast support.
Reasons to choose
If you’re a small business that needs good-grade web design or a blogger that wants your content to look great, Squarespace is a choice you can trust.
Also, this website builder lets you switch templates whenever you want, unlike Zyro or Wix.
Try Squarespace Now
5. Weebly - Best for Small business owners
Weebly is another website builder in the family of Wix and Squarespace. A good choice for freelancers and entrepreneurs who need a website and simple way to charge for their services.
The popular payment platform Square acquired Weebly to offer a more integrated website builder solution for local businesses. Weebly offers an intuitive website creation process; as simple as choosing a domain name and a template and creating the site.
Weebly powers over 530,000 domains and is known as the easy website builder of choice for people without much technical expertise.
- The website builder is drag-and-drop like Wix or Squarespace. They also have a mobile app to track your website’s performance on the go.
- While building your website, you can see what it looks like on both desktops and mobile on the go.
- The website builder has tools for email, site analytics, SEO, shipping, and inventory for the ecommerce plan.
- And you can even add a product search to your online store. You indicate when a product is on sale, or when a product is running out of stock, you can add badges to that item.
- For payments, it accepts platforms like Paypal, Stripe, and—of course—Square.
- Weebly integrates nicely with other third-party tools that you’ll definitely want for your website such as Google Analytics and Mailchimp.
- The App Centre has tons of great apps that you can add to your website to improve its functionality such as, for contact forms, photo galleries, sliders, and more.
- Design Tools allow you to customize the look and feel of your website without having to learn to code.
- Sell Your Products Online through the ability to turn your website into an online store.
- Weebly is a fully hosted platform, so you don’t need to install and manage any software.
- Weebly take care of hosting your website and managing all the software that runs in the backend.
Weebly comes with a very basic free plan. Their paid plans start from $6 per month billed annually. The pro plan costs $12 per month, and their business plan costs $26 per month.
Reasons to choose
Most e-commerce users will readily slide to Shopify, but freelancers, consultants, and solopreneurs with a simple suite of services may want to check out Weebly.
This website builder platform provides live chat, email, and phone support. The level of customer support you receive is based on your subscription level.
Try Weebly Now
6. Web.com - To build an attractive site in a short time
Web.com is a leading web technology company and one of the largest providers of website building and online marketing services, powering over 3 million customers around the world.
The templates and themes this website builder provides make building your website easy.
They as well offer a variety of comprehensive solutions with all the tools small businesses need to succeed online.
- Hundreds of templates and themes to choose from. The themes are also grouped into various categories to smoothly find a suitable one for your business or blog.
- The builder comes with all the great features needed from a website builder: the ability to add photo galleries, videos, testimonial sliders, contact forms, map locations, social media integrations, and more.
- You can add unlimited pages to your website, and customize the design of each website page individually.
- This website builder’s templates are 100% mobile-friendly, and they also let you customize the design for different devices (desktop, tablet, and mobile phones).
- All Web.com plans come with a free domain name, business email address, autosave, and backup features, website security solutions, online marketing services, SEO tools, website analytics, and other powerful website tools.
- Aside from the website builder, they also offer custom web design services where an expert can design your entire website at a very affordable price.
- You can select various themes and designs and build a professional website representing your business.
- Web.com can take care of the marketing for you and online reach for you, with their SEO, google analytics, social media and other marketing tools Easily set up online eCommerce websites with this website builder if you have a product or service to offer.
They have 4 pricing plans (the prices listed are for annual billing):
- Website essentials: $4.95 per month (renews at $9.99 per month)
- Business essentials: $7.95 (renews at $14.99 per month)
- Ecommerce essentials: $13.95 (renews at $25.99 per month)
- Ecommerce premium: $19.95 (renews at $39.99 per month)
Reasons to choose
If you’re a growing business looking for a mix of a great e-commerce website and good pricing, this website builder should be top of your list.
Their customer service experts provide unlimited support when you need it, and they offer a wide range of resources to help you succeed online.
Try Web.com Now
7. Builderall - Suits new entrepreneurs
Builderall is a great website tool if you want access to a bank of marketing tools in one platform.
With over 1000 features and 50+ tools, this website builder specializes in empowering online businesses/services with the best digital marketing tools.
This website builder helps you create complete websites and implement other marketing activities like email marketing and analytics, which are integrated into sales pages for increased conversion rates.
Talk about a cost-effective and all-in-one package website builder, Builderall stands out.
- With this website builder, you have in your toolbox a myriad of tools for your Digital Marketing strategies.
- All your projects are now stored 100% in the cloud - security guaranteed.
- Also, since it's a 100% cloud platform, you'll have immediate access to all the updated tools, without the need for downloads, installations, and no additional cost.
- They provide an attractive platform to teach online courses using the latest technology in e-learning available on the market today.
- Hosting services included, with useful hosting features attached, such as a CDN to boost your website’s loading speed, SSL certificates, DDoS protection, and more.
- All Builderall plans come with unlimited subdomains and all paid plans allow you to connect to up to three custom domains.
- Access to tools and plugins for your online store, such as super checkout, super checkout for affiliates, bump sells, up sales, down sales, and email marketing.
Builderall has 4 pricing plans, Billed monthly:
- Cheetah - $16.9
- Marketer - $76.90
- Premium - $87.90
- Funnel Club - $199.00 initially, then $87.90
Reasons to choose
This is loaded with lots of sales features and functionalities. Online stores can manage their business and engage with customers smoothly with this website builder.
Their support team offers 24/7 assistance through tickets and live chat during business hours to help you with any Builderall questions.
Try Builderall Now
8. Duda - To create multiple sites quickly
Duda is a design-focused website builder perfect for those who want a distinctive website, but need to work with templates - to help build the websites faster.
It works by giving you a range of templates to choose from, which you then edit: change text, add images, create new pages, and even build your own widgets. Once you’ve personalized your website, simply publish it online – Duda hosts your site for you.
- This website builder offers automated workflows, beautiful templates and dynamic page creation that helps you build your website fast.
- Build websites for clients and customers in any part of the world exploring the multilingual feature.
- Create hundreds or thousands of sites based on existing customer data in just a few clicks.
- Integrate your platform with customer websites and seamlessly sync relevant content between them.
- Built-in upsells, eCommerce website builder, and App Store extensions to expand your revenue.
- A range of apps and widgets to add to your website.
- It provides an E-commerce feature (even for a basic plan) and other basic features to help run your online store It provides a library of free stock images
Duda has 3 pricing plans ( billed annually):
- Basic: $14 per month
- Team: $22 per month
- Agency: $44 per month
Ease of use: The drag-and-drop feature of this website builder helps you build your website without any coding knowledge.
Suitable for: Anyone can use this website builder. But it is particularly good for web designers that need to create multiple sites quickly for clients.
Depth of customization: You can customize it to match your brand, but it's within the template’s limits. With the absence of an app store in Duda, you are simply limited to the features that come with your plan - you can’t add extra functions to your site when you need them.
Reasons to choose
If you provide website design services for people and businesses, Duda is a great website builder to help meet up your client's demands quickly.
They have a robust knowledge base, but when you need to talk to someone, you have options of phone support (via callback), email support, and live chat.
You can initiate all the support team interactions via the chat box and access the channels listed above.
You can chat them up in English, Spanish, and Portuguese.
Try Duda Now
9. Website.com - Create cost-effective websites
With a Website.com plan, you can create a website, host your content, sell products, reach international audiences, and market your online presence.
If you want to start with a free plan, Website.com includes everything you need to make a free website. As your business grows, you can choose premium plans that include a custom domain name, professional domain emails, multilingual capabilities, advanced eCommerce tools, and much more.
- Drag and drop to build, and click to get online.
- Choose from over 500 designer templates in this website builder - and enjoy the freedom to customize anything.
- Provides needed tools for online stores: product galleries, diverse payment methods, member checkouts, and more.
- Engage visitors with animated effects, video backgrounds, and thousands of royalty-free images from the library.
- Reach a global audience with multiple languages. All Website.com plans include reliable web hosting services, allowing your website to be seen online around the world.
- Multilingual Templates
- Secured Hosting
- Award-Winning Customer Support
- Custom Content
- Mobile Optimized
- Personal: $3 per month
- Elite: $5 per month
- Business basic: $10 per month
- Business Standard: $16 per month
- Business advanced: $22 per month
Reasons to choose
If you’re on a budget and need to build a basic website, this website builder is a good option.
Try Website.com Now
10. Godaddy Website Builder - The best choice for Independent business owners
GoDaddy is well known for its domain registration and hosting services, but it also has its own website builder that lets you create a website. GoDaddy’s site builder offers an all-in-one package: domain name, web hosting and a website design editor.
Over 20 million sites owned by entrepreneurs and businesses have their websites built using GoDaddy’s revamped website builder.
- Added to the solid domain and hosting services, GoDaddy offers a simple and straightforward website builder.
- This website builder is known for its intuitiveness and simplicity.
- Provides tools to book appointments, sell different products and services, and take reservations.
- Their drag-and-drop website builder makes it easy to do so too.
- Affordable plans
- 100+ mobile responsive design templates
- Social media integration, analytics, SEO and other online marketing tools.
- Free version available
GoDaddy offers a free plan with limited features, and three paid plans (with 36-41% discount on renewals):
- Basic: Starting from $7.53 /Month ($12.92/month on renewal)
- Default: Starting from $11.30 /Month ($17.23/month upon renewal)
- Premium plan: Starting from $15.07/Month ($23.69/month upon renewal)
Ease of use: Intuitive site-building tools make GoDaddy one of the easiest-to-use site builders available today.
Suitable for: GoDaddy helps entrepreneurs and small businesses set up their websites, and provides marketing tools to run their businesses smoothly.
Depth of customization: GoDaddy does seem to trade off simplicity for depth of customization.
Reasons to choose
A great alternative if you’re a busy, on-the-go professional or someone who might be limited in the ways they can create their website and looking for a dead simple website builder to get the job done.
Try Godaddy Now
FAQ’s About Website Builders
What is a Website Builder?
A website builder is a platform that helps you create and manage a site. Often, they come with templates or themes, and a drag-and-drop interface that anyone can easily edit to create a good website, even without any knowledge of coding.
Is a Website Builder all I need to own a website?
When building a website, you need a domain name, a hosting plan, and a builder.
Thankfully, most website builders we listed to provide you with an all-in-one package - you get the 3 when you purchase a plan.
For your website activities to be productive, you would service-based as well need SEO, analytics, email marketing, social engagements, marketing tools, and other apps and integrations - based on your website goals.
Can I build a website without programming or designing knowledge?
Yes. That’s why they all come with easy-to-edit-and-use templates.
Our take on website builder ratings
Creating your website with top website builders offer you all the fundamental resources required to customize your envisioned website, as well as apps and integrations to manage your business and connect with customers and clients. It is easy, fast, and cost-effective.
With over 85% of customers scouring the internet before making any purchases or for service-based decisions, NOW is the best time to build your professional online home using your preferred website builder.
So, what is the best website builder for 2022? The answer may vary depending on your needs. Wix may be the best option for you if you need a simple website. If you need a more robust website with advanced features, Squarespace could be a better choice.
However, if you're looking for an eCommerce platform, Shopify is a great option. Ultimately, the best website builder for you is the one that meets your specific needs.
Subscribe below for a weekly newsletter featuring ways how people around the globe are minting a fortune online and sporting a positive change in their life!